Reach Us 24x7: +91 - 8800 1234 92
Eligibility and Terms for Claiming and Continuation of Scholarship.
1. The students studying in science, Social Science and Commerce are eligible for scholarship upto Ph.D.
2. The students studying in professional courses in medicine, engineering, technology, management and law are eligible for scholarship upto second degree level.
3. Languages and course for humanities are NOT eligible for scholarship.
4. The student needs to maintain their conduct as certified by the institute they are studying and continue to study as a regular student.
5. The student needs to opt for a full time course to be eligible for the scholarship
6. The student cannot work while studying if they need the scholarship.
7. The student is also eligible for other scholarships.
8. Any student studying a course abroad cannot claim the scholarship.
9. The scholarship needs to be claimed within 12 months.
10. The student needs to complete the course to claim the scholarship amount, if the student discontinues the course, he/she would not be eligible for the scholarship amount.
11. The scholarship cannot be claimed if the student takes academic gap for any reason.
12. The student should secure at least 50% and a clear promotion in the first year of the +2 stage of the scholarship to claim it.
13. To claim the scholarship for further studies after +2 stage (only for Basic Sciences, Social Sciences or a professional course in engineering, medicine, management or law.) the student needs to score at least 60% marks at the end of the +2 stage or equivalent examination.
14. The SC/ST student will be paid scholarship after getting selected through JEE, IIT and admitted in the one-year preparatory course for B.Tech.
15. To continue the scholarship in the second subsequent years the student needs to pass with aggregate of 50% in internal exams and for MBBS students during internship if scores are 60% or more in the final exam. If the results are declared in form of grades it should be equivalent to 50% or more. In case the institute does not conduct any final exam, it would require a certificate letter declaring the students overall performance is 50% and above from the principal/head of the institute.
16. Contingency grant for Ph.D. work shall be utilized with the approval of the supervisor.
- The rates of scholarship at different stages are given as under:
For the income group up to Rs. 1,50,000 per annum
Rate of Scholarship available as shown in Rule4.7 (i)
For income group above Rs. 1,50,000 per annum
50% of the rate of scholarship available as shown in Rule 4.7 (i) (In case of salaried group the benefit of standard deduction will also be applicable)
- The rates of scholarship shall vary as per parents income, The awardee will have to submit income certificate / income affidavit of his/her parents for the preceding financial year at the time of submitting the claim in the beginning of each course if parents’ income is below 1,50,000/- p.a. while submitting the claim form. If the income is beyond the limit it will be enough for claiming 50% scholarship.
Mode of Payment
The payment of scholarship shall not be made direct to the awardee. The payment shall be made only through the Head of the Institution concerned.
The Head should send the receipt of the bill on a prescribed document from the institution of the awardee and the academic progress of the earlier year to the NCERT.
The awardee would receive the payment only if sent in the above pattern.
Useful JEE Main Links You Should Not Miss:
JEE Details You Should Not Miss:
JEE Coaching Centers: