JEE Mains Marking Scheme for Paper 1 & 2
JEE Main 2020: Marking Scheme & Exam Pattern (Paper 1 & 2):
NTA has introduced major & historical changes in the JEE Main Exam Pattern. The total number of questions has been reduced from 90 to 75 & the maximum scorable marks reduced from 360 to 300. Go through the updates below to keep your JEE preparation updated.
5 of the questions from each subject are exempted from negative marking i.e. incorrect answer to 15 numerical value questions in JEE Main won't undergo any negative marking.
Whether you are a JEE Aspirant residing in India or an NRI Student residing abroad, beeing throughly aware about the JEE Main Marking Scheme strengthens your preparation. This way you can focus better & utilize your 3 hour test duration to get the best JEE scores out of your efforts.
JEE syllabus changed this year, Knowing the important topics of the latest JEE Main syllabus and the JEE Chapter-wise & Topicwise weightage will help Indian & NRI students prepare faster and score more.
Check out the full video 👇 👇 👇 👇 :
Mentioned below are some of the key facts about the JEE Main 2020 exams:
For all Jee Main Papers i.e. B.Tech, B.Arch & B.Planning-
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test(CBT). Pen & Paper based test is only for drawing test for B.Arch (Paper 2).
- Number of Attempts: 2 per year (January & April)
- Total number of times a student can take JEE Main Exam: 3 consecutive years (i.e. 2 attempts per year, making it 6 total attempts for JEE Main & 3 attempts for JEE Advance)
- Language of the Paper: English, Hindi, Gujarati.
Marking Scheme for JEE Main 2020 - Paper 1 & 2:
|Type of Questions||Answer Type||Marks obtained / deducted|
|Numerical Value Qs||Correct Ans||+4|
|Numerical Value Qs||Wrong Ans||0|
|Numerical value Qs||Unattempted||0|
For every incorrect answer which you give, 1/4th of total mark which is allocated to the question will be deducted.
For marking scheme of drawing test for B.Arch & B.Planning Papers, visit the information below.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern (Paper 1):
It is vital to know about the updated marking scheme of JEE Main so that you know how much of your marks are going under negative marking or partial marking. This will be extremely helpful during preparation phase of the exam especially when the students are taking different JEE mock tests.
Mentioned below is the marking scheme for JEE Main 2020: Paper 1 - B.Tech.
- Subjects for JEE Main Paper 1: Physics, Chemistry & Maths.
- Total Marks which a student can get: 300
- Total number of questions: 75 questions (with each subject comprising (MCQ= 20 + Numerical value questions =5).
- Total questions for Physics: 25
- Total Marks which a student can get in Physics:100
- Total questions for Chemistry: 25
- Total Marks which a student can get in Chemistry:100
- Total questions for Mathematics: 25
- Total Marks which a student can get in Mathematics:100
- Total Duration of the Exam= 3 hours for normal candidates. For candidates with 40% disabilities (PwD), it is 4 hours.
This marking scheme can be used by the students as and when the answer key is put out by NTA during JEE Main Results release. The marking scheme for JEE Main can help the students to calculate their expected marks in JEE Main 2020 Exam.
Exam Pattern of JEE Main Paper 2- for B.Arch:
- Part I – Mathematics – Number of Questions: MCQs=20 + 5 numerical Questions. Total Marks to score = 100
- Part II – Aptitude Test – Total Number of questions = 50. Total Marks= 200
- Part III – Drawing Test – 2 Drawing based Question. Total Marks =100.
Total Number of Questions to attempt in JEE Paper 2 = 77 questions.
Total marks = 400
Mode of Test will be CBT for part 1 & 2. For Part 3 (drawing test), mode is pen & paper based.
Exam Pattern of JEE Main Paper 2- for B.Arch:
- Maths: 20 MCQs + 5 Numerical Value Questions. Total 25 Questions. Total Marks= 100
- Aptitude: (MCQs) Total Questions = 50. Total Marks=200
- Planning Based MCQs: Total Questions= 25. Total Marks =100
Total Marks = 400. Total Number of Questions=100
Mode of Exam will be completely CBT (Computer Based Test).
Will you be applying for DASA / CIWG 2021 or years after that? You must then prepare for JEE Main.
JEE Main 2020 is a significant exam for all students who desire to take admissions in well-known engineering colleges across India. Along with the knowledge of JEE Main marking Scheme, the student should have complete information of the JEE Syllabus in order to clear this key exam. This will enable them in prepare for their JEE Main 2020 in a much more efficient and effective way.
Number of Attempts for JEE Main 2020:
There is a limit to number of times a student can appear for the JEE Main exam. They can only appear for the exam total of 3 times. Once the student has made three attempts, he or she will become ineligible to appear for this exam again. So, prepare properly so that you can clear the JEE Main in your very first two attempts.
Useful JEE Main Links You Should Not Miss:
Scholarships for admission of NRI, PIO , OCI Students in Indian Engineering Colleges
JEE Details You Should Not Miss:
About JEE Advanced- Eligibility, Registration & Important Dates
JEE Coaching Centers: