NTSE Exam Benefits
Benefits of NTSE (National Talent Search Examination):
The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a prestigious talent based evaluation system designed for Class X students. The assessment is based on the syllabus of state and central education board. It basically focuses on understanding how well have the students understood the concepts and skills learnt in the school syllabus. It helps the students analyze their strength and weaknesses. Every year approximately 300000 students appear for the exam of which 1000 are awarded with scholarship, 775 being from general quota.
Apart from getting an special place in his/her C.V they also get the below mentioned benefits:
1. The biggest advantage for the students who have cleared the NTSE exam is, they are eligible for additional scholarship from central government worth ₹500 per year.
2. An NTSE scholar students who opts to study further in Science and Social Science stream get scholarship upto doctorate level and students opting for professional courses get scholarship till post graduate level.
3. When planning to study abroad or applying scholarship in US, the students who have cleared NTSE scholarship exam are preferred over other students, as the abroad universities and education institutes are aware of the scheme. They are aware that the students with high intellectual skills and talent can only clear this exam.
4. NTSE is a very competitive exam and only 1000 qualified students are granted scholarship. This exam also prepares the students in cracking future competitive exams, as it helps the students analyze where they stand, what are their strengths and weaknesses.
6. Many renowned colleges in India have exclusive seats reserved for NTSE qualified students, The NTSE scholar students can clear the entrance test of the institute with good score as they have already cleared NTSE scholarship exam which would help them top the entrance test and get direct admission to the famous or prestigious Institution.
8. Having a title of NTSE Scholar on your CV is a great thing to have and comes up with many advantages over other candidates. NTSE students are preferred when applying for a government job and also are accepted in various private and prestigious jobs. As they can face the interview well.
9. An NTSE scholar gets discount on the books and course material at high school levels, which helps the student to purchase expensive books in affordable cost which would help them study well and build a base for bright future.
10. If the student is willing to shift to another school/curriculumn the school an NTSE scholar is given more preference over the other students.
11. NTSE scholar gets benefits during NDA selections.
12. The NTSE scholar gets discount in course fees for JEE or any other medical coaching.
13. IIIT-H NOK examination have extra seats booked for NTSE and KVPY scholars.
14. An NTSE Scholar gets bonus marks for admission in IIIT - D undergrad program. An NTSE scholar can earn 6 bonus points.
15. An NTSE scholar gets ₹15000 at the end of class XI
16. You get fame in newspaper advertisements by the coaching institute you are studying in as they would like to advertise that their coaching institutes have scholars, which would grab other students for their institute.
20. An NTSE scholar will be eligible for SHE scholarship and can have and added advantage of it.
21. If an NTSE scholar is applying for MS/MBA abroad, on applying for scholarships additional marks are given for being an NTSE scholar which would benefit them and ease them get through it.
For those new to NTSE, here is some basic information for you. NTSE is a national level scholarship exam under NTS scheme in Indian since 1963. It spots and acknowledges students studying at the class X level with high intellectual and tutorial talent.
The scholarship scheme is awarded to candidates for pursuing courses in Humanities, Fine arts, Languages, Vocational Studies, Social Sciences, Sciences and Commerce up to doctoral level and in professional courses like management, law, engineering, medicines, and technology, up to second-degree level.
The examination is conducted in 2 stages.
1. 1st Stage is conducted at State Level by States and Union Territories
2. 2nd Stage is conducted at National Level by NCERT
If you have decided to take up PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Maths) in Class / Grade 11 & you wish to appear for engineering entrance exams like JEE / BITSAT, visit JEE Coaching Online & view our module for an all rounder online course for JEE Mains & Advanced or BITSAT preparation. Below are some free jee preparation resources.
JEE Mains & Advance Preparation Resources: