Best Way I Can Prepare For KVPY
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a great scholarship programme meant to encourage young and budding scientists of tomorrow. Organised by the DST (Department of Science and Technology), the examination is scheduled every year in November. The government of India realise the need for the need of more and more scientists in the different field to compete with the so-called developed countries.
The Exam Pattern of KVPY
There are three levels of tests meant for students of different academic levels.
•For Standard X1 students - KVPY SA exam,
•For Standard X11 students - KVPY SB exam, and
•For first-year science students - KVPY SX exam.
(First-year students of B.Sc., B.S., Integrated 5-year M.Sc, or Integrated 5-year M.S. programmes)
SA Exam Pattern
There will be one paper of objective-based multiple choice questions with a time frame of 180 minutes. There are two parts in this exam there is a negative marking for the wrong answers of 0.25 marks in part 1. The negative marking for wrong answers in part 2 is 0.50 each.
SB exam or KVPY SX exam
Both KVPY SB exam and KVPY SX exam are with a time frame of 180 minutes each/ each exam will have two sections of objective-based MCQ (multiple-choice questions).
There are four subjects in these examinations, and the students are at liberty to choose three in Part 1. For part 2 there will be four subjects and students can select two.
The students should be careful of the negative marking. For part one, each wrong answer is awarded 0.25 marks. For part 2 the deduction is 0.5 marks for each wrong answer.
The Syllabus for KVPY Examination
Essentially the KVPY is to assess the attitude and aptitude towards the field of science and not the theoretical knowledge. Their analytical skill is another vital point of judgement. And because of these reasons, there is no fixed syllabus or textbook for the KVPY examinations.
A thump rule of the overall scope is as follows:
•For SA exam- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics of X standard
•For SB exam - Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics of X1 standard
•For SX exam - The academic work until the 1st year of your B.Sc., B.S., B.stat., B.Math., Integrated M.Sc. or Integrated M.S. programmes as applicable.
The yardstick can be as per CBSE board syllabus up to Standard X1 or X11 as the case may be. However, there is no taboo for other streams as well. Solving previous years' papers is an ideal way to get the hang of the questions you can expect. There are books complying with NCERT available on each subject for this purpose. For those who are in the preparation stage for like JEE Main or NEET (AIPMT) the KVPY preparation will be easy.
You have to be alert and diligent of scientific development to get a KVPY scholarship. The subject-wise description is as follows.
•Mental ability based questions in Algebra and Geometry
•Progression and Series,
•Permutations and Combination
•Control and Coordination of Animals and Plants
•Genetics and Evolution
•Our Environment, Ecology and Environment
•Diversity of Living Organisms
•Cell: Structure and Function, Biology and Human Welfare
Basic knowledge of these subjects as per the standards X1, X11 or 1st year respectively is sufficient.
The exams are conducted in many locations /major cities in India. The range of scholarship varies from Rs. 5000 to Rs. 20,000. There is the scholarship for Basic Sciences as Monthly Fellowship or Annual Contingency Grant. On senior level, the scholarship can be in the Rs. 7,000 to 28,000 ranges. Calculators are not required to do the test. However, non-programmable on-screen calculators can be used especially for square roots, cube roots, logarithms, trigonometric functions, etc
On the outset, there is nothing to be panicky about the examination. Taking a mock test would be fruitful. Keeping yourself relaxed and being confident can help to score better. When you get the paper, first of all, fill in the details carefully. Do not hurry but approach the problems in a relaxed manner.
Tips to prepare , information and ‘to do’ for KVPY exam
- There are sample papers with solutions available. Going through them would certainly help to get an idea of the logic and rationale.
- As there are no KVPY syllabuses, sticking to JEE Main or NEET (AIPMT) is recommended.
- There is assistance available online as well as offline to prepare and solve questions.
- Solving previous years' papers would give you an edge in scoring better. Solving more of the past papers in a stimulated examination atmosphere is better to get a self-perspective and score.
- Practice diligently the numerical and multiple choice questions given on the backside of the reference books and reference books.
- Reinforcing your basic knowledge is highly recommended with an emphasis on the core concepts of the subjects. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology). Always depend on reputed and relevant books and study materials.
- Keep yourself ready for the interview with a strong foundation of the basic core subjects. You have to build self-confidence to meet the interview successfully. Sample interview questions are also available online/offline.
While Attending The interview, You Should Have
1.Application form and Interview call letter(Download from Application portal using your login credentials)
2.Admit card of Aptitude test.
3.Original Marks card.(10th Marks card for Stream SA/SX and 12th for Stream SB)
4.Caste certificate for SC/ST candidates issued by the Competent Authority.
5.Medical certificate from the competent authority in case of physically and visually challenged students in the prescribed format (As per GOI)
6. A Self-Appraisal form.
7. Study certificate form from the Institution where you are currently pursuing your studies.
8. Teacher Recommendation Form in a sealed envelope.
9. KVPY 2018 Admit Card having Roll Number & Name, Exam Centre, Exam Date & Timing, Examination related instructions, etc.
To Download The Admit Card The Candidate May Follow Following Steps.
1.In the KVPY 2018 Official Website reach useful link section and click on the ‘KVPY 2018 Admit Card Download’ tab.
2.You may enter Application Number, Date of Birth and ‘Submit’.
3.By Clicking on the ‘Generate Admit Card’ tab your KVPY 2018 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
4.Download the Admit Card.
- The KVPY 2018 Result KVPY will be available online mode in the third week of December 2018. The results shall be for KVPY-SA, KVPY-SB and KVPY-SX streams separately.
- The merit shall be based on 75% for the aptitude test and 25% weight to interview.
- The final result will be available online by April 2019.
- There is a provision for re-evaluation of the result by paying the necessary fees.
- There is a cut off mark by KVPY announced by December every year. This will be separate stream-wise and category-wise.
- Annual renewal of KVPY Fellowships depending on the KVPY Fellows maintaining a good academic performance is also available
- The candidates can download the admit card for the aptitude test from the website from the second week of October 2018.
- The admit card will be available in the second week of October 2018. The Admit card will carry details like Candidate’s Roll Number & Name, Exam Centre, Exam Date & Timing, Examination related instructions, etc.
- Candidates are to advised to properly check their exam centres mentioned on their admit cards.
Useful JEE Main Links You Should Not Miss:
JEE Details You Should Not Miss:
JEE Coaching Centers:
JEE Main & Advance Preparation Resources:
How to register for JEE Online Preparation Courses:
Fill up the form above on right hand side. On receiving your information, you will be called up by JEE counsellor for course explanation. After filing up enrolment form link and fee submission your classes will start.
You can directly call us on +91 8800 1234 92 or write us at email@example.com