KVPY Preparation Books
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) scholarship program is very coveted. Department of Science and Technology (DST) is the nodal agency and IISC( Indian Institute of Science ) Bangalore is the organiser.
Syllabus For KVPY
Strange it may sound; there is no exact syllabus to study to take KVPY examination. This is because KVPY tests your aptitude to science subjects as well as your analytical mind
Also, you approach, and reasoning ability is assessed. Your bookish knowledge in Physics, Biology, Mathematics and Chemistry syllabus up to class XII is enough to crack the KVPY exam.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana tests students at three levels:
1. KVPY SA exam ( for Class XI students)
2. KVPY SX exam (for Class XII students) and
3. KVPY SB exam( for first-year students of B.Sc., B.S., Integrated 5-year M.Sc, or Integrated 5-year M.S. programmes.
Recommended Books To Study
The better phrase would be the recommended books to refer as there are no prescribed textbooks for KVPY scheme.
For scoring better results to give you an edge over the others, however, you have to stretch your horizon of study a little bit more. This is because the scope is pretty wide and basic knowledge of science at school level is all that is needed.
Rather than sticking to specific books, a wider reading of science books would help. Here are some of the best books to help you score better marks at the exam. The following books are based on the latest syllabus of KVPY exam are recommended.
Your study should cover Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics syllabus that you have studied till
1. Class X for SA exam,
2. Class XII for SX exam and
3. 1st year of your B.Sc., B.S., B.stat., B.Math., Integrated M.Sc. or Integrated M.S. programmes as applicable.
Since the CBSE Board is most popular school board in India, you might consider covering CBSE syllabus up to Class X or XII as applicable.
The competition level and exam pattern of the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) scholarship program is high. Hence it demands consultation of the best books available to prepare for the examination.
To prepare for Mathematics, you can refer toMathematics for Class XI by R.D. Sharma and published by Dhanpat.
The book covers important Mathematics content like relation, functions, sets, mathematical induction, geometry, trigonometry, etc. for Class 11. Numerous examples and exercises make it easier to prepare for your examination. Every problem is solved with step-by-step instructions that will help you understand the concept better. The concepts are written nicely and have tricky questions that will test and improve your mathematical skills.
It is an ideal books for KVYP preparation because it offers precise, constructive and clear explanations of different concepts. It has a lot of sample question & answers that are elaborated step-wise to help better understand the problem.
- Fundamentals of Physics by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, Jearl Walker. (Publisher: Wiley Publication).
- Another book which you can refer to Physics is Concept of Physics by D C Pandey and published by Arihant. It is a good book to refer for problem-solving, but it does not provide much detail of the concepts. So, for possible preparation, it is a good book.
- Concepts of Physics by DC Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics: A Must-Have Resource Book CBSE JEE and NEET-UG are one of the best books that you can refer. It is written by David Halliday, Robert Resnick and Jearl Walker, and published by Wiley. It is a bestseller book and is based on a skilled-based approach to improve and reinforce learning and problem-solving techniques. The book is organised as per CBSE syllabi for Class 12 students.
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for Class XI With CD by author S.P. Jauhar and published by Modern Publishers is one of the ideal books for KVYP preparation. The book strictly conforms to Class XI syllabus and is categorised into two parts.Besides presenting every concept most comprehensively, there are mock tests and learning ability tests at the end of each chapter.
- Another book you can refer is NCERT Chemistry Class 11 and NCERT Chemistry Class 12 by Expert Compilations and published by Arihant. Both the books provide good conceptual background that can help you understand the topics thoroughly and pursue higher education and career in Chemistry. It follows the international-level syllabus. The book emphasises on applied chemistry, problem-solving and understanding how the key concepts originated and developed.
- Moderns ABC of Chemistry for Class-XI with CD by Modern Publishers.
- NCERT Physical and Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon.
- Elementary Biology Volume 1 by KN Bhatiya and MP Tyagi. (Publisher: Trueman.)
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology – Vol. 1 for Class XI with Solved Value Based Questions is one of the best books for KVYP examination. ( authors MP Tyagi and KN Bhatia.) Covering all the topics of Class XI Biology and follows an international-level syllabus, this is an excellent reference book. In this book, all concepts are explained and structured in details to help students understand the topics easily along with solved questions provide a good insight to question pattern in KVYP and answering pattern of each question to the point.
The course material for National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) examinations shall be of immense help in preparing for KVPY exams.These books shall improve your basic understanding of scientific subjects.
JEE Mains & Advance Preparation Resources
|JEE Physics||JEE Chemistry||JEE Mathematics|