The eligibility requirements for appearing in the JEE Main 2024 exam encompass various factors, including age restrictions, qualifications, subjects in the qualifying exam, attempts permitted, and the year of passing the qualifying exam. In addition to these criteria, the eligibility criteria for admission to institutes are contingent upon the candidate's nationality, the percentage of marks obtained, and the year in which they completed their class 12 or qualifying exam.
JEE Main Eligibility Marks in 12th Standard - JEE Eligibility Criteria
You can explore comprehensive information regarding the JEE Main eligibility criteria offered by the NTA on this platform. It is imperative for candidates to ensure that they satisfy all the eligibility requirements before proceeding with the application submission. Given below is an overview of the eligibilty criteria.
|Eligibility Parameter||Eligibility Condition|
|Age Limit||No age restrictions.|
|Qualifying Exam||Successful completion of the Class 12 or equivalent exam.|
|Year of Passing||Passing in 2022, 2023, or appearing in 2024.|
Subjects in Qualifying Exam
|Percentage of Marks||Qualifying marks in Class 12.|
|Number of Attempts .||Candidates can participate in JEE Main for three consecutive years following their Class 12/qualifying exam. There are two attempts available each year.|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria - Complete Details
JEE Main Eligibility Requirements - 75% in Class 12
Aspiring candidates are eligible to participate in the JEE Main examination, regardless of their percentage in their 12th-grade examinations. It's essential to understand that there are no specific JEE Main eligibility score is required in 12th-grade for exam registration or to appearing in the JEE Main exam. The condition of achieving a minimum of 75% marks becomes relevant only when candidates seek admission to an institution. When NRI students are in the process of applying for the JEE, they need to provide scanned, pristine copies of their passport photograph and signature, along with their Grade 10 and Grade 12 mark-sheets or an equivalent qualifying exam document, as well as a valid identification proof. During the actual JEE examination, it's important for students to have their Admit Card and a valid ID proof on hand.
- JEE Main Admission Eligibility for IITs, NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs
Candidates need to score at least 75% marks in class 12 to get admission in NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs. Candidates belonging to SC/ST need to have at least 60& marks. It's important to note that the eligibility criteria for admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs are determined by the respective institutions and are not set by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The JEE Main eligibility criteria established by the NTA are solely applicable for participation in the examination itself. Comprehensive information regarding eligibility requirements for admission to these prestigious institutes can be found through the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA), the official counseling body responsible for admitting students to these institutions. For in-depth insights into the admission eligibility criteria, interested candidates are encouraged to visit the JoSAA website.
JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria - No Age Limit
There is no fixed age requirement to take the JEE Main exam. However, candidates are required to have successfully completed their Class 12th examination or an equivalent qualification in the year prior to or during the current year.
- Eligibility Requirements for JEE Main 2024 - Qualifying Examination
To qualify for the JEE Main 2024 examination, candidates must have successfully completed one of the following recognized examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 educational system conducted by any accredited Central or State Board, including but not limited to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi, and the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), New Delhi.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a reputable Board or University.
- The final examination of the two-year course at the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any examination conducted by a Public School, Board, or University in India or abroad, recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A Diploma program recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or a State board of technical education, with a duration of at least three years.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination from the University of Cambridge or the International Baccalaureate Diploma from the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria - Qualifying Examination Year
Only prospective candidates who have successfully completed their Class 12 or equivalent examinations in the years 2022, 2023, or those set to appear in 2024 are deemed eligible to participate in JEE Main 2024. Those who completed their Class 12 or equivalent exams in 2020 or prior, as well as individuals intending to take these exams in 2024 or later, do not meet the eligibility requirements for JEE Main 2024.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria - Subject Requirements for Class 12/Qualifying Exam
- JEE Main 2024 will encompass three distinct courses: BTech, BArch, and BPlan, each having unique subject prerequisites.
- For JEE Main 2024 Paper 1 (BTech), candidates are required to have Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, along with one subject chosen from Chemistry, Biology, or a Technical Vocational Subject.
- For JEE Main 2024 Paper 2A (BArch), candidates should have completed their Class 12 or equivalent examinations with subjects including Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- For JEE Main 2024 Paper 2B (BPlan), candidates need to have studied Mathematics as a subject in their Class 12 or equivalent examinations.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria - Number of Attempts
Candidates who successfully completed their Class 12 in 2022 or 2023, or those who are scheduled to appear for their Class 12 exams in 2024, are eligible to participate in JEE Main 2024. However, individuals who completed their Class 12 exams prior to 2021 or who intend to take these exams after 2024 do not meet the eligibility criteria for the examination. In 2024, JEE Main will be administered twice, once in January and again in April.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for Repeaters
The JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for individuals retaking the JEE Main exam in 2024 are as follows:
1. Age Limit: The NTA (National Testing Agency) has eliminated the age restriction for candidates taking the JEE Main exams.
2. Qualifying Exam: Repeat candidates must have successfully completed the 12th-grade examination or an equivalent qualifying test.
3. Minimum Marks: Candidates are required to have secured a passing marks in their 12th-grade board examination.
4. Choice of Subjects: Candidates should have selected a minimum of five subjects in their qualifying exam, with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
All prospective engineering students and 12th-grade students must adhere to the JEE Main eligibility criteria for repeat candidates to be eligible for the exams.
If you're preparing for the JEE exam and find it challenging to crack, TestprepKart can be your dedicated partner on the road to success.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for Droppers
To qualify for the JEE Main exams, students returning for another attempt, often referred to as "droppers," must adhere to the subsequent JEE Main Eligibility Conditions:
1. Minimum Score: Dropper candidates are required to achieve a minimum score of 75% (or 65% for individuals belonging to reserved categories) or be positioned within the top 20 percentile of their respective educational boards. This criterion is necessary to be considered for admission to prestigious institutions like NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs.
2. Qualifying Exam: Droppers need to have successfully completed their 12th-grade examination. This ensures that candidates have recent academic qualifications that make them eligible for the JEE Main.
3. Number of Attempts: Candidates taking the JEE Main are permitted a maximum of three consecutive attempts. This allows students to try for a better score or attempt the exam again for improved results.
4. Choice of Subjects: As part of their 12th-grade or equivalent qualifying examination, candidates must have studied a minimum of five subjects. It is mandatory for these subjects to include Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. These core subjects form the foundation of the JEE Main assessment.
If you're a dropper striving for the JEE but facing challenges, let TestprepKart be the guiding light on your path to success. TesteprepKart provides you the best online preparation courses to crack the JEE Main exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What are the eligibility requirements for JEE Main 2024?
Ans- The eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2024 has been published on the website jeemain.nta.nic.in by the NTA. You can find a comprehensive list of all eligibility criteria on this webpage for your reference.
Q2. What is the minimum age requirement for participating in JEE Main 2024?
Ans- According to the NTA (National Testing Agency), there are no age restrictions for candidates wishing to take the JEE Main exam. Individuals can participate in JEE Main 2024 without any age limitations.
Q3. How often am I allowed to take the JEE Main exam?
Ans- Candidates are eligible to take the JEE Main exam for up to three consecutive years following their Class 12 examination. Given that JEE Main is conducted twice a year, candidates have a total of six opportunities to appear for the exam.
Q4. How many opportunities will candidates have to appear in JEE Main 2024?
Ans- NTA will conduct JEE Main 2024 in two attempts in January and April.
Q5. Will the 75% eligibility criterion apply to JEE Main 2024?
Ans- The criteria of 75% marks for JEE Main 2024 applicable at the time of taking admission at the institute and not for appearing in the JEE Mains.